Important announcement about new location
Please read all the way through this announcement about the change of venue for the Saint Sebastian’s Archery Shoot.
The shoot was scheduled to be at the Caerthe Archery practice site. This site is not usable at this time and because of this and cost issues we will be relocating the Shoot to the MPI site. Directions are at the bottom of this notice.
If you are planning to attend please consider the following:
1. Try to carpool. Reach out to others and arrange sharing of rides.
2. Pass the word to anyone you know who is planning or considering to attend about this change.
3. Bring shade, water and snacks.
4. come and enjoy I have prepared what I hope you will agree is an interesting and fun shoot
The schedule will change also.
1. Site set up will begin at 8 AM. It would be wonderful if we had help getting ready for the day.
2. Site will be open at 9 AM.
3. The event will begin at 10 AM. Instructions will given at that time.
4. The event should be completed by 4 PM.
Directions to the site:
Driving from the north: Take I-25 South to I-270 East or take I-70 east. Continue on I-70 and take exit 305 towards Kiowa. Stay on the N Kiowa-Bennet road and once in Kiowa turn left onto CO-86/E Comanche St. Continue to and turn left onto Comanche Creek Road and go to CO Road 150. Turn right onto CO Road 150 and go 2 miles and the site will be on the right.
Driving from the south using I-25: Take I-25 north and take exit 153 for Interquest Parkway to CO-83 and go north. Drive to Hodgen Road and turn right. Turn left onto Eastonville Road. Drive and turn right onto Evans Road and then turn left onto Elbert Road. Drive to and turn right onto CO-86 East. Continue to Comanche Creek Road and turn left. Drive to CO Road 150 and turn right. Continue on CO Road 150 for 2 miles and the site will be on the right.
From the Denver South metro area: Take I-25 South to exit 184 for US 85, North Meadowds Parkway toward CO-86 East, Founders Parkway and turn left onto Meadows Parkway towards Franktown. Keep left to continue on Founders Parkway/Meadows Parkway to CO-86. Turn left onto CO-86 and drive through Kiowas to Comanche Creek Road. Drive to CO Road 150 and turn rught. Drive 2 miles and the site will be on the right
Site Fee: $5 for Adults, Children 17 and under free
Sunday, September 10, 2023
SITE OPENS: 08:00 AM September 10, and CLOSES: 5:00 PM September 10, 2023
Site is Dry
The Barony of Caerthe and the Baron and Baroness are pleased to announce that we will be
having the Saint Sebastian Archery Shoot this year. All archers of the Barony and the SCA are
invited to attend and vie to be the champion of this year’s event. The shoot will be exciting and
rewarding for all. There will be prizes. Bring water and shade to supplement what will be
Sunday September 10, 2023
8:00 AM site opens and Set up will begin
- 8:00 AM: Site to open on Sunday.
- 9:00 AM: Opening Court
- 9:30 AM 10 minute warm up period.
- 9:45 AM Instructions and question period followed by the beginning of the
- 10:00 AM Shoot Begins
- 12:30 PM: Break for lunch.
- 1:30 PM: Instruction period for afternoon shoot followed immediately by
- 3:30 PM: Completion of afternoon shoot and short break for scoring
- 4:00 PM: Court to announce winners and award prices.
- 4:30 PM: Site closes for tear down and clean-up.
From 1-25: take exit 223 onto East 120th Avenue and head east. Turn right onto Grant
Street/Community Center Drive. Continue on Grant Street to Malley and turn left onto
Malley Drive. Continue on Malley Drive and Turn onto Highline Drive. The site will be on
Baron Dubhghall Mac Gilla Easbaig